Lead Data Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Brief description of your team function:
The core charter of Credit data services is to build best-in-class data solutions to help bring value to the Credit business. We are looking for an individual who is eager to explore new data, while at the same time is proficient enough in existing data to support business stakeholders looking to leverage it in their last-mile solutions.
The role will involve understanding business requirements, conducting hand-on business systems analysis and translating requirements into technical specifications to produce scalable and consistent solutions.
The role will be responsible for supporting global stakeholder departments, working domain leads and data citizens across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. This position requires interaction with geographically disbursed business and technical teams requiring the candidate be a self-starter with strong written/verbal communication skills, leadership qualities and project/task management skills.
Breakdown of Day to Day tasks
- 30% Meeting business stakeholders to gather/discuss business requirements
- 20% Business systems and data analysis
- 20% Documenting/Building technical specification
- 30% Working with engineering team development satisfies business functional requirements
Top 3 hard skills, stack ranked
- Business systems analysis, data analysis (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop), problem-solving
- Data modeling & data solutions architecture
- Communication skills
What is going to make someone stand out as the best
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering discipline with a strong quantitative aptitude
- Ability to work with business leads, business stakeholders, subject matter experts and technical staff to gather and develop business needs in the form of technical requirements
- Identifying and refining current and future‐state business processes by performing deep dive analysis of current state and propose future state solutions effectively using clear and precise documentation
- Motivation to understand business processes and data platforms in order to design/deliver scalable data solutions to support customer needs
- Good understanding of database principles and advanced SQL in order to perform complex analysis
- Expert understanding of data modelling concepts, experience with data modelling and generating metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience building logical and physical data models.
- Good understanding of distributed systems (Teradata, Hadoop), data movement and optimizing ETL processing of extremely large datasets with specified SLAs.
- Collaborate closely with engineering team and provide ongoing support to help implement end user requirements
- Ensure the consistency and quality of data solutions completed by engineering team.
- Prior knowledge of any analytical visualization tools like Tableau, MSTR is desirable
- Document data solutions for easy business consumption.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and skilled at adjusting communication style/vocabulary to an audience’s role/function and technical familiarity
How will you determine if the individual is performing well?
- Documentation of requirements/needs gathered from business teams
- Communications/updates to management and project team members
- Functional specs and other documentation given as requirements to engineering teams
- Ability to identify and communicate effort, risks and dependencies to project team members/stakeholders
- Relationships with business users and technical teams
- Delivery of high quality solutions meeting business requirements