Title: Business System Analyst
Job Location: Glastonbury, CT
Duration-Long Term Contract
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
• 10+ years of experience working in IT Business Intelligence and Data Integration development/support;
• Very strong background in communications, process management, and overseeing JAD sessions;
• Extensive experience in data warehouse requirements gathering and documenting;
• Familiarity/experience reading requirements as documented in data models;
• Familiarity/experience developing BI reports and/or dashboards;
• Familiarity/experience with cloud data systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent data analysis and system analysis skills. Agile methodologies and insurance domain experience.,. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent iterative project management and team skills.
This role is responsible for leading data requirements for the new data warehouse. Responsible for conducting JAD sessions with business and IT resources and document functional and non-functional requirements. Responsible for documenting use cases, functional and non-functional requirements. Works directly with business/IT teams to capture and refine data and business requirements. Responsible for analyzing and reverse engineering systems as needed and drive requirement gathering process. Works collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams. Exceptional communication skills and prior experience with data warehouse requirement analysis is required. Experience with data mapping and data analysis is required. Insurance domain knowledge and experience with insurance data models preferred.